Sunday, December 20, 2015

Palm Trees and Churros ?!


Today I spent the day walking in the shade of palm trees and eating churros. And no, I'm not in Spain.


We took a road trip to the town of Montreux by the Geneva Lake or Lac Léman as they say in French. The town is famous for its annual Christmas market, which proved to be a pretty big thing. They really put some effort into it!







Some cities just have something, something that just clicks with you. Montreux clicked for me.  The atmosphere was laid back, almost Mediterranean like, which is right up my alley. People were in good spirits doing last minute Christmas shopping, enjoying Glühwein and spending quality time with each other. I am too slowly but surely getting in the Christmas spirit!

It was rather strange though, taking a trip to a city close by and everything seemed to change from the atmosphere to the language. Talking five languages more or less, I'm used to understanding at least something. Sadly, French is not one of them and I felt a little lost. But luckily my travel companions had that covered.

Among all the little tents and cabins, I spotted something I fell in love with in Spain; churros! It was a must to try whether they were as good here as the authentic ones. And yes. Totally worth it.





This view though! Amazing, right?
Now I'm off to do some packing for tomorrow's trip, more will follow shortly!

Au revoir!



No comments:

Post a Comment