Friday, May 27, 2016

Puzzle Pieces

Feeling like you belong is a good feeling.

As I mentioned before, for a while now I've had the feeling that I am exactly where I belong, where I need to be right now. Geographically and otherwise. But now it's really hit me that the puzzle pieces that are my life are finally coming together and I know exactly what I want to do (in the near future at least).

Maybe it's the summer, the warmth, the sun, but right now I just feel very, very happy.

EVEN though we lost to Canada in the Hockey World Championship last Sunday... Let me tell you, there was a bar full of very, very disappointed Finnish people in Kreuzberg when whistle blew (and Canada scored their last goal).

But as they say 'Hopee ei oo häpee' meaning 'Silver is not to be ashamed of' and at least we won the U20 (Juniors, under 20) Cup, so there is still hope for our little country! That's probably thanks to the Finnish 'sisu' (guts, resiliance, pretty much just that 'never going to give up'- attitude), which is something I'm incredibly proud of as a Finn and also see in myself. The tougher times get, the more I find myself fighting for what I want and doing whatever it takes to reach my destination.

But now, even though I think you are never quite at your destination (I mean, then you would just stop working for your goals), I can already see it in the horizon. And it's looking pretty damn good. ;)

As for incredible photos that follow, all thanks goes to my amazing and talented photographer friend Sonja. You can check out more of her works here.




I wish you all an awesome, sunny weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment