Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My Latest Obsessions

I'm a person who gets (overly) excited about new things and I thought I would share my most recent discoveries that have made their way into my daily routines!

Well, as you know the best beauty tip out there is moisturizing and lately I've been all about avoiding chemicals and opting for natural solutions like coconut oil. Every blogger out there has been raving about coconut oil since 2014... But why?

Well, some amazing benefits of coconut oil include aiding weight loss, strengthening the immune system, moisturizing and protecting skin and hair as well as acting as a disinfectant. I've also been using my fair share of coconut oil as a sweetener in coffee, face and hair mask and also tried oil pulling, which is awesome by the way (and I just might be doing it right now ;)).

To explain shortly, oil pulling helps get rid of all the nasty bacteria in your mouth more effectively than brushing, flossing and using mouthwash (although you should do these as well)! It leaves you with the feeling of having your teeth professionally cleaned. Also, along with some great health benefits, it makes your teeth whiter over time!

How many of you are thinking of researching it right now?! More can be found here.



However using coconut oil as a makeup remover was something new! And sounds kind of strange, right...? But as I told you before, I'm one to try out everything, so I just had to give this a shot as well!

At first after using it for a while I had a few break outs in my skin, as toxins made their way out but having used it for over a month now, I can seriously say that my skin has never been better! As coconut oil acts as a disinfectant, it helps to clean your skin in a natural way while moisturizing at the same time. Just swoop up some of solid coconut oil with a cotton pad and gently wipe your face with it.

How great is this for travelling when you don't want to carry 1000+ beauty products?!

Also, I have been rocking yoga lately! I've never really been into yoga before since I prefer high intensity workouts more. But after being sick and still not feeling up to super intense killer workouts, I decided to give yoga a try. And maybe got a little addicted. I found the best yoga workout videos on YouTube, Yoga with Adrienne. Her workouts really kick ass and she's not the dead serious yogi you might expect but adds a little humor into it as well!



The new year is a perfect excuse for giving new things a chance, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment