Monday, February 15, 2016

Weekend Recap

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the blog silence. Lost my blogging voice there for a second but I'm back, even better than before! I wish. Well, another weekend is behind us and a new week has started with completely new energy and excitement!

Returning back to Friday night though; it's 8pm on a Friday night and what does the Finn do? Goes to a bar, clubbing, gets crazy?

Wrong.

She goes figure skating! Until 10.30pm I might add... That's right, I finally found an ice skating club which I first tried out earlier last week and found myself right at home! As it happens, training takes place on Friday night. Until 10pm. And I actually ended up staying half an hour more since there was still a little ice time left and skating is just... well, love.


After training I got to talking with a fellow skater and turns out she is also in a synchronized team here and told me I should join the team. Tempting, we will see what next season brings with it... ;) I can't tell you how much I've missed skating and connecting with people who share the passion for it!

Anyways, getting home I took probably the fastest shower in the history of showers and fixed myself up a little to go out JUST shortly for a drink to the friendly neighborhood Kneipe (corner pub) with a few friends. Going out for a while turned out (surprisingly) being a few hours too long since we were having such a good time and after getting a few hours of the Zzz's I found myself sitting on the S-Bahn, on a Saturday morning, before 9am, heading for the ice rink yet again.

Die spinnen, die Finnen, I guess. Well, I gotta keep up the reputation, right? ;)


Saturday night was spent in the comfort of our own movie theater with a couple of room mates watching movies on a projector. The winners of our movie lottery turned out to be Trainspotting and Youth. I can't believe I never saw Trainspotting before, it being a classic and all. Youth wasn't exactly what I expected from the trailer and the plot was a little random at times but I liked it nevertheless.



Hope everyone is recovering well from a weekend of fun, I know I am! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment