Sunday, December 11, 2016

Mediterranean Meets Scandinavian

As I hinted before, November was all about home decór. I love decorating and most of all, I love the Scandinavian, very minimalist style. In other words, white.

My old apartment in Finland was pretty much white, with hints of black and grey. So colorful, I know, but I love it.

So, when I was faced with a Mediterranean styled apartment with yellow and orange walls, it was a little... Hmm... Let's just say that yellow walls are not my first choice. But I've taken it on as a challenge and I am starting to... embrace this colorful environment.

There is still sooo much to do - but decorating always seems like a work in progress. And I'm starting to like mixing the two different styles, even though if I could choose, I would have white, wooden floors, white walls, white furniture with fifty shades of grey.

But anyways, here are a few sneak peaks into my project! As I mentioned before, I'm incorporating travelling into home decór... And this is how!


These are my shots from the trip to Prague a few months ago. I wanted to add more photos to the place and I thought... Why not my own? So, from now on there will be photos from every trip around the house!


The hallway also gives a glimpse to Prague as well as a paradise we found in the mountains in Switzerland!

Travelling and colorful things have also taken over the living room...


And I have a confession to make. I'm in love...

With this baby right here!


He's called Big Ben and I just melt inside when he plays Nirvana to me. I must say I never really got the vinyl hype before but oh my...


And some more music - the guitar corner. With the coolest lamp with three spotlights!


They say it's all in the details - this is a gift from my mom, to bring a piece of Finland into the place. I'm not so into Marimekko, famous Finnish design brand (and yes, there is such thing as famous Finnish design, look it up) but this little tray is adorable. Brings a little of the black and white color scheme I love.


Aannd a little more yellow to brighten up your day... At least I got to sneak in the Nirvana album to add more black! Meanwhile it's day 35 and he still hasn't noticed! ;)


I have to admit it's still a little colorful for me but I'm starting to accept colors into my life (while working on my secret evil plans of transforming the apartment into a black and white movie).

I'll keep you updated on my evil plans.... ;)

xx,
sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment